CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Changes

My sister and I are embarking on a new journey together. We are leaving everything we know, and going to Prague to receive our international certification as Teachers of English as a Foreign Language! Our first step in this plan is to pack up and store our stuff, move home to our parents (who seem to be extremely supportive), and save up as much money as we can! Our program begins on January 5, 2009...and I cannot wait!




How it Began...


Well I have been wanting to teach abroad for a long time now, and I just figured this was my opportunity. I love my sister and I know she has always wanted to travel, so we figured why not? And so she's coming too!

Seriously, though, I have been toying with the idea for a while, and I know that if I don't just go ahead and try it now, I will regret it for the rest of my life. So while I was surfing yesterday morning trying to figure out if this was a valid idea, I found this school, TEFL Worldwide in Prague, Czech Republic. We will be certified in 4 weeks, but before you think it's a blow-off, we'll have class from like 8-6 five days a week. I think it's 124 hours of class and 8+ hours of classroom instruction between January 5 and January 30. Upon successful completion of the course, we will have lifetime job placement assistance, so we'll be able to find jobs teaching English whenever and wherever we want!

As far as fun goes, I've already been looking online, and if it's feesible, we're going to get to see Swan Lake on January 10 (or maybe Cinderella on January 11). Other than that, we plan to do some nearby travelling on the weekends. I dunno...Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Austria, Germany? The sky's the limit! We're planning to save up enough money to spend an additional couple of weeks travelling through Europe by moving home and saving practically every cent we can between now and January.

After all of that, I don't know where I'll be, but I will let you know as soon as I do! Check back frequently, as I plan to keep you as updated as possible on the whole process! Leave messages and all that jazz!

1 comments:

Monya R. said...

....allllllrighty.....

That sounds fun and adventurous! Good luck...(you'll need most of it just getting thru the next 7 months living at home) ;)